Friday, April 22, 2011

Life is interesting


I have not fulfilled my promise to myself to write an article last march. It has been another month and a half or so hiatus. So I am again writing two articles to somewhat fulfil my “promise” of writing at least one article a month.
It is never easy to write an article because you have to be in the right mood and have the right inspiration in order to come up with the right words to exemplify or describe appropriately a particular topic of interest. Last month, these things seem to be just not there for me. I am stressed since the mid of February but ironically this has brought up my interest to write just now!
Why was I so stressed? It’s all particularly because of some series of events. First, I have to devote time and effort with a quite stressful yet fulfilling - knowledge wise – subject at the graduate school. Specifically because the standards set were a bit in a perfectionist state. This was quite understandable since our professor was a multi-titled professional. But I am thankful to be under such a person for our class were able to learn a lot from her. Adding a particularly significant load of stress is that I was not granted an extension by my then employer until the end of February. But it proved to be good because it offered me time to make a do with the requirements I have to complete and submit by March to a new employer (which is again quite a stress – certifications here and there are just some of the requirements).  Another source of stress but one which is good in its essence is our batch’s induction climb – February 25-27 - (Mt. Ugo at Benguet) for the mountaineering club of UP –PGH. Stress in the sense that this climb that we need to finish and prove that were worthy of being labelled as mountaineers – pressure! But gladly after what seemed to be an endless journey to the summit and down, we were finally inducted as members– sound and safe with just a few minor scratches and (sun)burns. Well, it seems a fitting end that we end our trip at the Pinagbenga Festival in Baguio. But rest is quite short for me as I have to attend immediately the following day with an aching body and sunburn an HR orientation. The following week I participated in Run United 1 (March 6, a day before my birthday!). Nice to see again those old familiar faces from my previous line of work – somewhat lessening my being tired for having just a week gap from the induction climb and my first 10 km run. All of these add up to my life experiences. Most importantly, these things made me realize that life is so wonderful and we are empowered and are capable to make our lives fulfilling and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment