Monday, February 21, 2011

Thoughts about running

I sort of promised to myself that I’ll be having a new year blog or at least a blog on the first month of 2011. But sadly, I was not able to. I was thinking then to write about the four Christmas parties I attended and the debut party of my beloved cousin Ann. But that may no longer be the case now as those can now be regarded as “distant past” (for a lack of a better term). So what now? What topic shall be my topic of interest? Wait! Maybe, I can dwell into my being a runner. Well, being an accidental one that is.

I never thought that I’ll be a running enthusiast. It was all merely an “influence” (coercion? Joke!) by a co-worker then. But why did I allow myself to be influenced? At first, I do not like to join a running event. But what convinced me is my belief that running will benefit me for the good. How? First, running would help me develop stronger legs (somehow?) for my “intentional” hobby, mountaineering. Second, it will serve to make my body more healthy (in stamina, that is?!). Third, and most importantly, it tends to improve the friendship and bonding between co-runners and co-workers.

To sum up my thoughts as a runner, I agree that running is a competitive sport or interest. But it is more than a competition. It is about friendship and having fun. Beating your previous race time serves only as a bonus. Running has more to offer than competition. Look into it in a wider perspective. Enjoy life! Have fun! Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment