Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Downplayed by Mitch



             Again, it took me a while to write an entry for this sort of blog site of mine. When I decided to “blog”, I wanted to write at least one article or opinionated entry each month. But it proved to be quite difficult to do. You see, there are many topics that are worthy of opinions or write up. But only a few gives you the vibes to actually sit down and write.

            I am now writing. So for those who bother themselves to actually read this piece, you might have wondered what made me to sit and actually write. Well, it is actually a book. Yes, a book! It’s Mitch Albom’s “The Time Keeper”. I am fond of books but I elect to wait for the paper bound version before I buy one. And yes, I recently bought Albom’s book. So far, it is Mitch’s greatest book. It is so nicely written that I recommend it for everyone to read. 

            I will not offer a synopsis of the book as it will only serves as spoiler of which will cause an injustice to the author. If you want to know the whole story, go buy one. I assure you that you will not regret it.


            The central elements of Albom’s novel are success, failure, love, life, and time. These are so beautifully intermixed that it leaves the readers in awe and truly make them “reconsider their own notions of time”

            It is not simply a book but a source of inspiration. If you don’t feel encouraged enough in your current state of life, read the book and be moved by the valuable lessons efficiently downplayed by the book:

1. A single failure can make us feel like it’s the end of everything but “ends are for yesterdays, not tomorrows”. We must not give up easily because the very next moment maybe an answer to our prayer. To end life is like denying the most important part of the future – Hope.  

2. Life is not forever. Enjoy every emotion that life has to offer. God limits time so that we know how precious every moment is in our lives.

3. Live your life to the fullest of your ability. Keep calm and trust God’s plan.


Bravo, Mitch Albom! Well done! Can’t wait for your next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment